CLERK OF THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE
WORCESTER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
20 IRVING STREET
WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS 01609
|The School Committee will hold a meeting:|
|on:||Tuesday, January 2, 2018|
|in the:||Mechanics Hall|
ORDER OF BUSINESS
|I.||CALL TO ORDER|
|INVOCATION - NONE|
|PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/NATIONAL ANTHEM|
|III.||APPROVAL OF RECORDS - NONE
|IV.||MOTION FOR RECONSIDERATION - NONE|
|V.||IMMEDIATE ACTION - NONE|
|VI.||REPORT OF THE SUPERINTENDENT - NONE|
|VII.||COMMUNICATION AND PETITION - NONE|
|VIII.||REPORT OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE - NONE|
|IX.||PERSONNEL - NONE|
gb #8-5 - Clerk (December 26, 2017)
To accept the policies, by-laws and rules of the previous School Committee, such policies, by-laws and rules to be in force until changes are effected as required by Rule 9368.13.
gb #8-6 - Administration (December 26, 2017)
To approve an increase in the mileage reimbursement rate from $0.535 per mile to $0.545 per mile, effective January 1, 2018, for all represented and non-represented personnel in accordance with the 2018 standard mileage rate established by the Internal Revenue Service.
gb #8-7 - Administration (December 26, 2017)
To consider approval of the following donations:
- $250 from William M. Mencow to Sullivan Middle School for needed supplies for the Nathaniel Mencow WWII Museum
- $417.99 from various donors to Tatnuck Magnet School
- a donation valued at $1,260 from Google LLC for the cost of food and training vouchers to build a cohort of certified trainers
- $22,087.00 from the Robert Ory Charitable Fund for the Chromebooks Project
- $66,626.00 from the Marjorie Ory Charitable Fund for the Chromebooks Project
gb #8-8 - Administration (December 26, 2017)
To discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation if an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining or litigating position of the governmental body, to conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel, to conduct collective bargaining sessions or contract negotiations with nonunion personnel.
|Helen A. Friel, Ed.D.
Clerk of the School Committee