Information Technology Officer
20 Irving Street
Worcester, MA 01609
The Information Technology (IT) Department supports:
- Over 1,500 computers, 14,000 Chromebooks, and over 3,000 iPads
- 55 locations
- 25,000 students
- 4,000 staff
- 75 servers including file, domain, and backup servers
- District website with a content management system allowing schools, teachers, and administrators to modify their website
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) testing held 3 times per year at all schools
- Cloud hosted email services for WPS employees and students
- Internally developed and maintained student and employee information systems
- Data analyst services providing data for research and evaluation purposes
This is all done with 8 computer technicians, 3 networking staff, 2 information systems staff, 1 data analyst, 1 web programmer, 1 information systems trainer, and 1 online media specialist.
The district has 14,000 leased Chromebooks. We provide CIPA complaint web filtering, email archiving, backup data protection, fiber wide-area connectivity to all sites, and a 10 Gbps internet connection.
Community Internet Access
Free Internet access is available to all students after the normal school day at all Worcester public libraries. Hours and directions can be found at Worcester Public Library website.