The Worcester Public Schools is working closely with the City of Worcester in monitoring the COVID-19 coronavirus status. If you have any questions about the COVID-19 virus and the Worcester Public Schools, please email [email protected].
Pandemic EBT Benefits (P-EBT)
All WPS Students will get Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) funds through the 2020-2021 school year. P-EBT funds can be used to help buy healthy food for your child and family. It’s important to stay healthy, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How much will I get?
- Students in a fully remote learning situation will get $117.20 per month.
- Students in a hybrid learning situation will get $58.60 per month
How will I get P-EBT for October and November?
- Funds for October and November will be issued in ONE issuance.
- I got P-EBT in the past: You will get funds on your EBT or P-EBT card in late December.
- I am new to P-EBT: If you get SNAP and/or TAFDC, look for funds to be added to the DTA EBT card you already have. If you do not get SNAP and/or TAFDC, look for a DTA letter and card in the mail in mid January.
How will I get P-EBT funds in 2021?
- I got P-EBT in the past on a P-EBT card: Starting in January, check your P-EBT card for funds on the 25th of each month for the rest of the school year.
- I got P-EBT in the past on my DTA EBT card: Starting in January, check your EBT card for funds on the 25th of each month for the rest of the school year.
- If you are new to P-EBT:
- If you get SNAP and/or TAFDC, check your DTA EBT card for funds.
- If you do NOT get SNAP and/or TAFDC, you will get a letter in the mail from the DTA. You will also get a P-EBT card in the mail in a different envelope. KEEP THE LETTER UNTIL YOU HAVE GOTTEN AND PINNED THE CARD. The letter has your students’ case number that you need to PIN the card.
Each month, funds will be added to your card on the 25th of each month for the month before.
Example: your February P-EBT funds will be based on your students’ learning situation in January.
No longer have your P-EBT card?
Request a replacement card at DTAconnect.com/pebt. If you need a new EBT card, call DTA at 1-877-382-2363.
IMPORTANT: Using P-EBT does not impact you or your student’s immigration status. The public charge rule does not apply to this program.
Need more food help?
- If you are eligible for P-EBT you may be eligible for SNAP, ongoing monthly food funds. Check your eligibility and apply at DTAConnect.com.
- You can also get FREE “grab and go school meals” at many locations. The WPS website (worcesterschools.org) updates information, and also has an updated list of other food resources.
Get help: visit MAp-EBT.org
Parents, community, or staff,
If you have questions please go to the Contact page and enter them there.