Kindergarten Registrations are now being accepted
Registration is online or by appointment Call 508-799-3194 or email [email protected]
The district has setup a temporary enrollment form to assist with enrolling students during the COVID related closures.
We offer a full day Kindergarten program in all elementary schools. The classrooms are staffed by MA certified teachers and most classrooms have an instructional assistant. All classrooms are inclusive combining typically developing and special needs children. The curriculum is developmentally appropriate and addresses personal and social skills, language and literacy, mathematical and scientific thinking, the arts, health and social studies.
Children are eligible to enter Kindergarten if they reside in Worcester and are five years old by December 31st. Registration for Kindergarten begins in January and continues throughout the year.
August 29, 2022 - August 31, 2022
Massachusetts State Law mandates that children entering Kindergarten participate in an individual screening process.
The Worcester Public Schools will be screening Kindergarten children by appointment* from Monday, August 29, 202 through Wednesday, August 31, 2022.
Children must be accompanied to the screening by a parent or guardian.
All Kindergarten children will begin school on Thursday, September 1, 2022.
* Appointments can be made at your school’s Early Childhood Open House on June 1, 2022 or by calling your school after August 17, 2022.
Tips for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Attendance Matters Brochure
- Getting Ready for School: Tips for Parent
- How to Make Summer Reading Effective
- Kindergarten Parent Handbook – K.I.D.S.
- Let’s Get Ready for Kindergarten!
- Preschool Parent Handbook
- Reading Tips for Families