Kindergarten Registrations are now being accepted at the Parent Information Welcome Center
We offer a full day Kindergarten program in all elementary schools. The classrooms are staffed by MA certified teachers and most classrooms have an instructional assistant. All classrooms are inclusive combining typically developing and special needs children. The curriculum is developmentally appropriate and addresses personal and social skills, language and literacy, mathematical and scientific thinking, the arts, health and social studies.
Children are eligible to enter Kindergarten if they reside in Worcester and are five years old by December 31st. Registration for Kindergarten begins in January and continues throughout the year. Registrations are accepted at the Parent Information Welcome Center at 768 Main Street, Worcester MA 01610.
When registering your Kindergarten child please bring:
- Proof of the child’s date of birth (birth certificate or passport)
- Proof that your child has been immunized and tested for lead
- Guardian's proof of residency (utility bill, lease...) plus (ONE)1 picture ID
TIPS FOR PRESCHOOL AND KINDERGARTEN
- Kindergarten Parent Handbook - K.I.D.S.
- Worcester’s Characteristics of Kindergarten Readiness: Transitioning from Preschool to Kindergarten
- Let’s Get Ready for Kindergarten!
- Getting Ready for School: Tips for Parents - English Español Português Shqipe Việt
- Reading Tips for Families - English Español Português Shqipe Việt