Save the date! April 14, 2022
Notification of the Lottery for acceptance into 2022-2023 Doherty Memorial High School’s Chapter 74 Engineering & Technology Academy (ETA). The purpose of the lottery is to show transparency and confidence in the acceptance process to our program.
There are 100 spots available in the grade 9 ETA program.
5:00 - 6:30 pm
Process of the student’s acceptance:
- All applicants will be assigned a random lottery number.
- All applicants will be notified by mail and email of the assigned lottery number and the date/time/link of the ETA vocational lottery.
- All students have been assigned a Tier based on a combination of their attendance and discipline records. All applicants assigned a lottery number are currently on track to pass their current English and Mathematics courses. Students must pass their grade 8 English and Mathematics courses to remain eligible for the vocational ETA program.
- Student lottery numbers are sorted based on the assigned Tier and placed into their respective container. During the lottery, the administrator will randomly pull a number and announce it. We will continue this process until we reach 100 spots or we have exhausted the Tier 1 eligible students. If there are remaining spots after the Tier 1 lottery, the administrator will continue with the Tier 2 eligible students and randomly select from this group until the remaining spots are filled. This will repeat into the Tier 3, if necessary.
- Once the 100 eligible spots have been assigned, the lottery will continue. However, this lottery will identify the students’ placement on the waiting list.
- All students will be notified by email and mail of the lottery decision.
- All accepted students and/or their guardians must confirm their acceptance by April 28, 2022. The email will contain a link to a Google Form. Alternatively, students/guardians can sign and return the acceptance letter, or they can contact the school directly with the contact information provided on the acceptance letter.
- On April 29, 2022, the administrator will begin contacting students on the wait list in the event that spots become available.