January 26 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
One event on March 30, 2022 at 5:00 pm
One event on May 25, 2022 at 5:00 pm
The English Learner Parent Advisory Council (ELPAC) advises the district on all matters pertaining to English learners. All parents and guardians of current and former English learners are welcome to join ELPAC and to attend ELPAC meetings.
ELPAC Meetings and Topics for 2021-2022
Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 5-6:30 PM, Zoom
Multilingual Program Options
- What programs does Worcester Public Schools offer for multilingual learners?
- How do families choose a program option for their child(ren)?
Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 5-6:30 PM, Zoom
Multiculturalism in WPS
- Who are Worcester’s multilingual learners?
- How do students and families from different cultural backgrounds experience WPS?
Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 5-6:30 PM, Zoom
Multilingual Assessments and Summer Learning
- What do ACCESS results mean?
- How can we accelerate language learning over the summer?
For More Information
Contact Nelsy Peppler ([email protected], 508-799-3198) to:
- Ask questions about Worcester’s ELPAC
- Get help accessing the Zoom link
- Request an interpreter for ELPAC meetings (Interpreters will be provided in Albanian, Arabic, Nepali, Spanish, Portuguese, Twi, and Vietnamese. If you need interpretation into another language, please contact Nelsy Peppler as soon as possible.)
Visit the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s ELPAC webpage to learn more about ELPACs in Massachusetts.