The following high schools with career technical education programs will hold open houses for eighth-grade students: Doherty, North, South, and Worcester Technical, beginning November 29.
Do you have what it takes to be Worcester’s next Youth Poet Laureate? Applications are due on November 12, 2023.
Today, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) released annual accountability indicator data for all public schools and districts in the Commonwealth for the 2022-23 school year that ended June 30.
Due to the extended forecast of hot temperatures, all Worcester Public Schools will dismiss students three (3) hours early on Thursday, September 7, and Friday, September 8. There will be no half-day preschool. There are adjustments to the high school athletic schedules.
The first day of school is Monday, August 28 for grades 1-12 and Thursday, August 31, for pre-kindergarten (pre-K) and kindergarten. We are writing to provide you with updates on back-to-school resources, accessing the WooEdu portal, bus routes, and information for families of the former La Familia School who are merging with Chandler Magnet Elementary.
View Plan to Improve Student Outcomes for more details about our school.
- Burncoat Middle
- 2023 BMS Graduation
- 2023 BMS Graduation Letter
- 2023 Spring Concert
- BMS Jump Start 2023
- BMS Newsletter
- BMS Site Council Meetings
- Congratulations Andrea Cook
- Counseling Department
- Diversity Concert
- Dual Language Program
- Family Orientation Powerpoint
- Gingerbread House Parent/Student Event @ Burncoat Middle
- Hanover Insurance Academy of the Arts
- Hanover Insurance Academy of the Arts Open House
- Library Media Center
- Magnet Programs at BMS
- Middle School Basketball and Winter Intramurals
- Nursing Department
- PBIS Expectations Matrix
- Performing, Visual & Media Arts Newsletter
- Scholastic Winners 2023
- STUDENT SAFETY SCHOOL START/DISMISSAL
- UMASS Memorial Art Show