|Committee Members||Administrative Representative|
|Dianna L. Biancheria, Chairman||Susan Hodgkins, Ph.D.|
|Dante Comparetto, Vice-Chairman|
|Brian A. O’Connell, Esquire|
CLERK OF THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE
WORCESTER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
20 IRVING STREET
WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS 01609
|The Standing Committee on SCHOOL AND STUDENT PERFORMANCE will hold a meeting:|
|on:||Monday, May 6, 2019|
|in :||Room 410, Durkin Administration Building|
|ORDER OF BUSINESS||ACTION|
|I.||CALL TO ORDER –|
|gb #6-41.1 – Administration/Ms. Colorio/Mr. O’Connell/Mr. Monfredo/Miss Biancheria/Miss McCullough (March 9, 2016)
Response of the Administration to the request to provide a chart indicating the number of school behavior referrals, by school, for the 2014-15 academic year.
|gb #6-153.11 – Administration/Miss Biancheria/Ms. Colorio/Mr. O’Connell (November 3, 2017)
Response of the Administration to the following motions to:
– Request that the Administration investigate options relative to cost effective means of providing appropriate and necessary translation services
– Request that the Administration consider the list issued by trial court in terms of translators that are available for translation services
– Request that the Administration report on the number of the translators in the system
– Request that the Administration provide a list of teams fielded at each of the secondary schools and
– Request that the Administration provide a report on Staff Development in teacher content training.
|gb #6-187.1 – Administration/Miss Biancheria/Ms. Colorio/Mr. Foley/Mr. Monfredo/Miss McCullough (November 1, 2016)
Response of the Administration to the request to provide a report on the services provided, including reading services, for students classified as deaf and in need of services in the Special Education Department.
|Annex A ( 1 page)|
|gb #7-260 – Miss Biancheria/Mr. Foley/Mr. O’Connell/Mr. Monfredo/Ms. Colorio (July 10, 2017)
Request that the Administration review the School Choice Program Summary Report which indicated:
– the number of students who opted for inter-district School Choice (502) and the names of the receiving schools and
– the number of students who opted into the Worcester Public Schools (85) from other districts
|Annex A ( 2 pages)|
|gb #7-297 – Miss Biancheria/Miss McCullough/Mr. O’Connell/Mr. Monfredo (August 30, 2017)
Request that the Administration provide a list of the Chapter 74 courses and also provide the site, the career path and the year of graduation for the students in the program.
|Annex A ( 2 pages)|
|gb #8-54 – Mr. Monfredo/Mr. O’Connell/Mr. Comparetto/Miss McCullough/Miss Biancheria (February 2, 2018)
Request that the Administration provide a report on the accountability changes made by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
|Annex A (16 pages)|
|gb #8-180 – Mr. Comparetto/Mr. Foley/Mr. Monfredo (May 30, 2018)
To consider establishing a committee, in conjunction with the Administration, to reduce school suspensions.
|Annex A ( 4 pages)|
|OTHER AGENDA ITEMS|
|gb #8-179 – Mr. Comparetto/Mr. Foley/Mr. Monfredo (May 30, 2018)
Request that the Administration provide a report on suspensions.
Helen A. Friel, Ed.D.