Comité Asesor de Familias de Educación Bilingüe / Bilingual Education Family Advisory Council
The district welcomes all parents of students in bilingual programs (dual language and transitional bilingual education) to join the Bilingual Education Family Advisory Council / Comité Asesor de Familias de Educación Bilingüe (CAFE-B). CAFE-B brings together families from all of the district’s bilingual programs to advise the district on matters related to bilingual education.
Meetings for 2021-2022
Monday, January 24, 2022, 5:30-6:30 PM, Zoom
- What do families need to know from the District?
- What does the District need to learn from families?
- How can families and the District collaborate to strengthen our bilingual programs?
Monday, February 28, 2022, 5:30-6:30 PM, Zoom
Monday, March 28, 2022, 5:30-6:30 PM, Zoom
Monday, April 25, 2022, 5:30-6:30 PM, Zoom
Monday, May 23, 2022, 5:30-6:30 PM, Zoom
- How can families understand their child’s language development using the different bilingual programs assessments?
- How can we accelerate language learning over the summer?
For More Information
Contact Jess Yáñez ([email protected], 774-530-1784) to:
- Ask questions about Worcester’s CAFE-B
- Get help accessing the Zoom link
- Request an interpreter for CAFE-B meetings (Interpreters will be provided in Spanish and English. If you need interpretation into another language, please contact Jess Yáñez as soon as possible.)
Are you the parent of an English learner in the bilingual programs? Consider joining the English Learners Parent Advisory Council (ELPAC).