PreK and K Lottery Registration
Dual language program registration is open to all PreK and kindergarten students in Worcester Public Schools through a lottery process. If your child is entering preschool or kindergarten in the next school year and you are interested in enrolling your child in dual language, here are the steps to take:
- Complete registration form(s).
- Preschool: Parent/guardian completes the Dual Language Lottery Card (only) by March 11th, 2022. No registration accepted after this date.
- Kindergarten: Parent/guardian completes the WPS Enrollment Form and Dual Language Program Registration Form by April 1st, 2022. Registration accepted year-round, with students offered places from waitlist as space becomes available.
- The parent/guardian may be contacted to set up a language assessment appointment if needed. This assessment is only used to inform language grouping for the lottery and does not affect eligibility.
- The district conducts the lottery (PreK: March 25th, K: May 6th) to determine program placement and waitlist numbers.
- After the lottery, the District notifies families of the lottery results and school placements or waitlist.
- Families accept or reject placement by June 1st.
- As spaces open in the program through Prek-Grade 1, families will be contacted from the waitlist in order of lottery number.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Grades 1-10 Registration
Students who can speak and understand Spanish in grades 1-10 may register for Dual Language Program at any point in the school year if space is available. If you are interested in registering your child for dual language in grades 1-10, please complete the Dual Language Program Registration Form at any time during the year.
If you have any questions about the dual language registration process, or would like to complete the registration, please contact the Parent Information Center at 508-799-3198.