PreK and K Lottery Registration
Dual language program registration is open to all PreK (4 years old before December 2023) and kindergarten (5 years old before December 2023) students in Worcester Public Schools through a lottery process. Students of all language backgrounds are able to register. If your child is entering preschool or kindergarten in the next school year and you are interested in enrolling your child in dual language, here are the steps to take:
- Family completes registration to enter the program lottery:
- The parent/guardian may be contacted to set up a language assessment appointment if needed. This assessment is only used to inform language grouping for the lottery and does not affect eligibility.
- The district conducts the lottery in May to determine program placement and waitlist numbers.
- Families accept or reject placement by June 1, 2023.
- As spaces open in the program through Prek-Grade 1, families will be contacted from the waitlist in order of lottery number. Registration for Kindergarten accepted year-round, with students offered places from waitlist as space becomes available.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Grades 1-11 Registration
Students who can speak and understand Spanish in grades 1-11 may register for Dual Language Program at any point in the school year if space is available. In grades 1-11, priority placement is given to students new to the District before students transferring from other District schools. If you are interested in registering your child for dual language in grades 1-11, please complete the Dual Language Program Registration Form.
If you have any questions about the dual language registration process, or would like to complete the registration, please contact the Parent Information Center at 508-799-3198.